Creating a Joyful feel using colour tones shape and negative space. I chose a block typeface as it works well with the structured lines of the bottom of the swings using a smart blur technique to draw out the lines of the image then overlaying it onto the image has created texture and background developing the 'Contructivalist' feel I wanted to achieve, along side a gray scaled Bitmap image of the girl to create a playful 'Pop art' idea. Taking this image forward from the sketching process has worked well for printing purposes I would use a matt print as a gloss may make the image to complex and lose the simplicity of the feeling.
My second image has used a dominance of colour to evoke the feeling of 'Joyful Energy' using a similar smart blur technique and hand drawn elements to create the detailed lines. By deleting select squares of the image I have added a playful and contemporary effect. Using a thin sans serif type to co inside with the lines of the image has worked well, moreover adding a line to the edge of the canvas naturally leads the eye through the image and to the type. Although this image does not lend itself as strongly to my aims as I would have liked I feel it ties in well with the brief, however maybe more movement needs to be added to create more of an energetic feel.
My final image uses a strong 'Pop Art' feel to convey its message using different shades of colour to create energy, strengthened by the movement of the character I have intentionally made the subject interact with the edge of the canvas to imply movement and lead the eye using the 'Rule of Thirds'. I decided to cut the type in two to re enforce the idea of continuous movement paying attention to the leading and Kerning of the type to make this effect work well. I think this is my strongest of all the ideas as it works well with my personal aims and co insides with all the outlines laid out in the brief.
Overall I feel I have achieved the criteria set out in the brief and developed a range of final outcomes that achieve the emotion I had chosen. Using new techniques such as 'smart blur', 'Bitmap', also concentrating on 'Kernings' and 'Leadings' have been important factors in my outcome using space effectively has been invaluable and research into contemporary design has brought my ideas further.



No comments:
Post a Comment